LIBRARY SERVICE UPDATE
The University Library will reopen on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 under modified hours. We are therefore delighted to be able to welcome students and researchers back to the Library as we gradually reopen our public spaces, beginning with the first day of December.
Some areas of the University Library will be reopened with restrictions and reduced opening hours. The following library sections will be operating according to the following schedule:
- Lending Department/Loans Desk – Mon.- Fri.: 2.00 pm. 6.00 pm.
- Inter-library Loans – Mon.: 9.00 am. – 4.00 pm., Tue.- Fri.: 9.00 am. – 3.00 pm.
- Reading Rooms –Mon.- Fri.: 1.00 pm. – 6.00 pm.
The physical Library is operating under a new reduced capacity of seats. The guidelines are follows:
- The Humanities Reading Room – 15 people,
- Reading Room for Researchers – 6 people,
- Social Sciences Reading Room – 14 people,
- Nova Reading Room – 10 people,
- Special Collections and Local Studies Reading Room – 4 people,
- Circulation Dept./Desk – 6 people.
For further information please see the Library’s web page.
61-816 Poznań, ul. Ratajczaka 38, (main building), room 87
tel. +48 61 829 3852
ul. Ratajczaka 38/40
60-967 Poznań 9,
skrytka pocztowa 526
from 5 October 2020
Mon. 9.00 am. – 4.00 pm.
Tue.-Fri. 9.00 am. – 3.00 pm.
CATALOGUES USEFUL FOR ILL USERS:
INTERLIBRARY LOAN REGULATIONS FOR USERS OF THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY IN POZNAŃ (PUL)
IV. Out-of-town interlibrary loans
35. Libraries offer an interlibrary loan and document delivery service to obtain materials needed for research and private study from libraries across Poland and abroad. Applicants need to have unexpired library card and no outstanding loans or fines on overdue items borrowed from the libraries of the system.
36. Users from Adam Mickiewicz University are required to cover any additional costs of bringing library materials as part of interlibrary loans, based on invoices issued by the sending library, or to participate in the costs involved in postal/parcel service in the case of not using the delivered publications.
37. Users from outside Adam Mickiewicz University are required to cover the costs of bringing library materials as part of interlibrary long-distance borrowing in accordance with the University Library’s List of fees.
38. Resources from libraries can be made available to other libraries (”ordering library”) in the form of non-returnable copies or originals. The ordering library assumes full responsibility for the borrowed materials.
39. Ordering library is obliged to make borrowed items available only on the premises of the ordering library.
40. The borrowing period of the original is determined by the providing/circulating library. In justified cases, this period may be extended at the request of the ordering library
41. The ordering library is obliged to return the ordered originals on time by insured or registered mail.
42. Libraries provide ordering libraries with printouts of articles from their electronic resources, unless the license agreement states otherwise.
43. If the provisions of these Regulations are violated, the ordering library temporarily loses the right to use the library collections through interlibrary long-distance lending. The term of losing the rights is defined by the providing library.
Requests to borrow library materials from other libraries should be placed individually with the staff members of the ILL Section. Signing a declaration of readiness to proceed even with payments incurred is necessary.