THE INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED IN AMU LIBRARIES
Pursuant to art. 13 of the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data of 27 April 2016 (EU Official Journal L 119 of 04.05.2016) with regard to the processing of personal data, also abbreviated as “GDPR” rules, we inform that:
- Your personal data is administrated by the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, ul. Wieniawskiego 1, 61-712 Poznań.
- The Administrator has appointed Data Protection Officer. Contact with Data Protection Officer is provided at the request: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will be processed to make your access to library collections possible using the shared information system operating within the Poznań Foundation of Scientific Libraries and resulting from the objectives and obligations stemming from the Act of June 27, 1997 on Libraries (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 574) and the Act of July 20, 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668 with later amendments),
- The legal basis for processing your personal data is provided by art. 6 par. 1 (b) and (c) of the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data of 27 April, 2016 (OJ.UE.L.2016.119.1, as amended), in connection with art. 49 of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668, as amended) and the provisions of the Act of 27 June 1997 on Libraries (Journal of Laws of 2018 item 574) and art. 6 par. 1 item (a) of the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data of 27 April 2016 (Journal of Law.L.2016.119.1, as amended), if applicable.
- Access to your personal data is strictly limited to authorised Poznań Foundation of Scienific Libraries employees to the extent necessary to provide services to you in compliance with the agreement with the Administrator.
- The provision of your personal data is voluntary yet necessary to implement tasks executed within the public authority entrusted to the Administrator. Refusal to provide personal data requested in connection with one of the above legal bases for data collection will render it impossible for the Library to provide library services and access to library resources. The provision of your telephone number to facilitate communication with the Library is voluntary, while the withdrawal of the consent to provide your phone number will not adversely affect your access to offered library services and resources.
- Your personal data will be stored for a period arising from the provisions of law indicated above and necessary to exercise the rights and obligations of the University arising from the services provided to you, but no longer than 6 years from the day of obtaining your Library Clearance, i.e. a statement from the Library that a user’s account has been closed in a regular manner and contains no outstanding loans or fines, or, in the case of data submitted following your explicit consent – until its withdrawal.
- You have the right to demand access to your personal data from the Administrator, the right to update or correct your personal data, remove or limit the processing rights, raise objections to processing of data, withdraw your consent for processing or transfer data at any given time.
- If the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is to give this consent, you may request that the processing of your personal data be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out prior to its withdrawal.
- You have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory body – President of the Personal Data Protection Office, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warszawa.